Friday 5 August 2016

Cathedral of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, Nebbi

Have ventured off the Caritas compound today and stopped at the simple but beautiful Cathedral dedicated to the Immaculate Heart of Mary.




There is Mass here every morning at 7.00am.  I didn't make it this morning as the night was very disturbed with a massive thunder storm that lasted for over 4 hours.  At times it felt as though the whole house was shacking with the thunder claps.  The rain also poured down and so with a corrugated iron roof the noise was quite deafening at time.

Weather permitting overnight tonight, I will get to Mass tomorrow morning.  Sunday Mass is also at 7.00am (if I want an English Mass) but 9.00am in Ugandan.

I am pleased that the Cathedral is dedicated to the Immaculate Heart of Mary as at primary school I was taught by French Canadian Sisters whose order was under the protection of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary.

No comments:

Post a Comment