Tuesday 9 August 2016

Some traditional Uganda gifts

During my school visits, I was presented with traditional gifts ...


Not entirely sure how the cabin crew on my Emirates flight might react if I tried to stow the chickens and cockerels in the overhead lockers and the goat under the seat in front of me!  Seriously though, the two chickens are now installed in Father Denis's chicken run in Akanyo and the cockerels and goat are settling in here at Caritas but suspect they may end up in the cook pot before too much longer!

The generosity of the pupils and staff of the schools I visited was truly humbling.  I can only hope that my endeavours and prayers will bear fruit and funding will be found to improve their schools and so help them break out of the poverty spiral they currently find themselves in.

No comments:

Post a Comment