Wednesday 12 October 2016

Belated Birthday Celebrations - the Ugandan Twist

WARNING - This post is perhaps not for the faint hearted! 

To mark my birthday, one of the goats from the Caritas farm has been slaughtered (not the one given to me as a gift - in some ways I may have turned "native" but it doesn't go as far as eating my "pet goat"!).  Said animal has been roasted over an open fire and enjoyed by all (even I am starting to get used to goat, though it is quite chewy and would benefit from long slow cooking!).

Some pictures of the cooking of the goat ...

Preparing the roasted goat meat
Yes, that is the goat's head on the barbeque!
Even in Uganda it appears it is the men who do the
barbequing!



2 comments:

  1. hi Liz, it's been great reading your blog over the past 10 weeks, -it is clear you have experienced a great life-changing opportunity and for me it has been a privilege to share those experiences via your daily blogs which provided a brilliant insight into life in Nebbi. Thank you, -have a safe and uneventful trip back home and I look forward to meeting the goat!!! ;-) Take care - John and Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liz... Happy Belated Birthday. I can't believe it has been 10 weeks already! It has been great to read your blog and learn about the challenges faced by the people of Nebbi. Have a safe trip and looking forward to seeing you... Michelle.

    ReplyDelete