Wednesday 5 October 2016

What Makes a Perfect Weekend?

My weekend stay at Adraa Agricultural College resulted in me reassessing the ingredients needed to make a perfect weekend.  The welcome and friendship I was shown by everybody at Adraa was brilliant, as was the food and accommodation, it was great to share meals with others, to be able to chat about anything and everything with other Mzungu (white) women, to visit Giligili market with Brigid and much more ...

But for me the icing on the cake came on Saturday morning when I jumped into the shower ...

The shower here at Caritas is fine but the water is cold.  I have tended to shower part way through the day to give the sun a chance to take the "edge" off the cold water.  Anyhow, braced for a cold shower on Saturday morning, I dived in and was delighted to find that Adraa's guest accommodation is blessed with a solar water heater!  What bliss!

No comments:

Post a Comment