Tuesday 11 October 2016

Volunteering in Uganda

As my time in Nebbi nears an end (I leave here in just four days time on Saturday 15 October 2016 and fly home on Thursday 20 October 2016 (I have arranged to meet with NGOs who have received funding from the Guernsey Overseas Aid & Development Commission (www.gov.gg/overseasaid) before leaving Uganda), I am already wondering when I will be able to return.  Uganda is a great country - fantastic scenery and the people are so welcoming and friendly.  I can do no better than to echo Sir Winston Churchill's description of this country as "the pearl of Africa".

But would volunteering in Uganda be for you?  Are you looking to make some plans for summer 2017? How about volunteering in Uganda with VMM?

VMM are offering volunteer opportunities Uganda (as well as Ghana, Malawi), where you can take part in teaching assistance activities, child care, sports coaching, film & photography and HIV/Aids awareness programmes.  Check out further information on Uganda plus many more on the new student volunteer website - click here.  If interested, contact Joanne at VMM - joanne@vmminternational.org or message me using the comment option on this blog!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment